CHARLESTON, WV — Joe Manchin is on defense today as the NRA is running TV ads across West Virginia exposing Manchin’s abysmal record of protecting the Second Amendment and his “D” rating with the NRA.
In his new ad, liberal Joe Manchin claims to protect the Second Amendment, but fails to mention he worked alongside President Obama and Chuck Schumer for aggressive gun control.
|The Facts about liberal Joe Manchin’s failed record on the Second Amendment…
- Joe Manchin has a “D” rating from the NRA. (NRA, 9/5/18)
- President Obama thanked Manchin for his “courage” to advocate for anti-gun legislation. (White House, 4/17/13)
- In July 2013, anti-gun radical, New York Mayor Mike Bloomberg, hosted a fundraiser for Manchin at his Manhattan apartment. (BuzzFeed, 7/2/13)
- Politico: Manchin: Due process is ‘killing us right now’ in gun debate. (Politico, 6/16/16)
- The NRA’s Wayne LaPierre said Manchin’s anti-gun legislation was a slippery slope toward a “universal registry of law-abiding people.” (FOX News, 4/13)
- Manchin attacked the NRA (The Hill, 4/17/13)
- Gun maker Baretta scrapped expansion plans into West Virginia because of Joe Manchin’s anti-gun legislation. (Charleston Gazette, 6/29/13)
- In 2015, Manchin “strongly” opposed NRA-backed concealed carry legislation in West Virginia. (Huffington Post, 3/12/15)
- In 2017, Manchin said he did not support a national reciprocity bill to cover all 50 states. (Remarks At A Town Hall, Berkeley Springs, WV, 10/27/17)
- In 2018, Manchin said its a “no brainer” to raise the age to buy rifles. (ABC News, 2/28/18)
- In 2015 Manchin opposed Republican pro-Second Amendment legislation. (Roll Call Vote #325: Amendment Rejected 54-45, 12/3/15)